Tuesday 1 September 2009

This is what you do in Dublin

I don't know what Andy's been wasting his time with, but me and Faye have embarked upon the best culinary collaboration the world has ever SEEN.

Here was the situation: Faye's friend Connor was due a surprise party, and there we were with a cake, our baking skills and painting talents. Three tones of buttercream, some bourneville chocolate and all kinds of awesome later we made THIS:



FACECAKE. I hadn't even met the guy and by the time we'd finished this I felt like we were related. WE HAD A BOND.


Needless to say, everyone was suitably impressed (including Janine, who started with false praise until she saw it the right way round). Connor was a lot less chocolatey in real life, but arguably as charming. It's inspired me to level up my cakes (maybe even add a third dimension to my decoration), and I think inspired Faye to learn how to cook. Maybe.





As an added bonus, we also got to eat a whole load of leftover buttercream for the next few days! MMMM, SICKLY!

1 comment:

  1. Faye? Cook? I'll believe it when I see more of it! (microwaved asparagus does not count).

    ReplyDelete